Buteyko Breathing Method
The Buteyko Institute Method (BIM) is a breathing retraining program based on standard medical principals of respiration. Specific breathing exercises are used to reset and normalise breathing parameters like rhythm, volume, and breathing rate in a holistic way.
Retraining the breath aims at resetting the tolerance levels to carbon dioxide of our brain resulting in calmer and quieter breathing.
Breathing is a central core action of the body and if it becomes out of balance we can develop illnesses overtime which can become chronic. Many chronic ailments are related to spasm in the smooth muscle systems of our body which can result in compromised release of oxygen from the blood. Normalising our breathing pattern can provide the body (brain, vital organs and cells) with better oxygenation so we can function more efficiently.
Do you need support with any of the following health issues?
- Is mouth breathing an issue?
- Does asthma run in the family?
- Are you hyperventilating / over-breathing?
- Do you struggle with a chronically blocked or runny nose?
- Is the sound of snoring an issue at night?
- Are there problems with adenoids or tonsils?
- Would you like to engage more in sport but being breathless is holding you back?
- Are there periods where you miss work/school because of frequent colds or flu symptoms?
- Are others pointing out how noisy your breathing is?
- Is it difficult for you to go to sleep?
- How about frequent toilet visits or bedwetting during the night?
Are you looking for an alternative method to find symptom relief rom a breathing related disorder?
At my Breathing we believe in a holistic approach to health and wellness and aim for noticeable improvement in the breathing pattern and wellbeing of our clients.
Our breathing health education program is suitable for adults and children from 4 years onward.
Pia Schroeter is a fully qualified Buteyko Practitioner (MBIBH) and a member of the Buteyko Institute of Breathing and Health.
Find out more about the Buteyko Breathing Method, breathing assessments and courses on offer on our website www.mybreathing.co.nz M: 021 041 8780